We ask that all guests follow our Patron Code of Conduct for the safety of everyone attending the event.
The Patron Code of Conduct is as below:
- Stay home if you are unwell or have a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath or loss of taste or smell. If you have any symptoms get tested at Queensland testing and fever clinics – coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Please do not come to the event until you are completely well and have a negative test result.
- Maintain physical distancing from people outside you core social group. Keep at least 1.5 metres away from others.
- Avoid physical greetings i.e. handshakes, kisses and hugs
- Avoid crowded places, if an area seems congested stay away from that area.
- Practice good hand hygiene, wash your hands with soap and water and use hand sanitisers that are available at event sites
- Cover coughs or sneezes, stop the spread of germs that can make you and others sick.
- Follow the instructions of COVID Marshals and signage when on site
- Ensure you scan COVID Safe Check In when entering an event site (talk to staff/COVID Marshals if you cannot scan – we have a paper contact tracing form that can be used). Please scan each time you enter an event site.
- COVID Safe messages may be delivered before, during and after events. Listen out for information and follow the directions.
- All messaging will be communicated by our website, social media, through commentary and signage on site at locations.
- If you have any questions, look out for our COVID Safe Marshals.
- To find out more about COVID-19, please visit https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/help-and-advice/find-faqs
COVID Safe Check In
Brisbane Cycling Festival will use COVID Safe Check In contact tracing.
When entering an event site, all people will be required to provide contact tracing details by:
Using the COVID Safe Check In, or provide details to be recorded on a hardcopy contact tracing form (per site).
Any person not providing their contact tracing details may be asked to leave the event site immediately or refused entry.
Event sites will maintain a high standard of cleaning including high touch point cleaning to reduce COVID risk.
Each event site will have COVID Marshal/s to monitor the existing sites COVID Safe plans. All attendees will be required to follow instructions of COVID Marshals. If a COVID Marshal requires assistance to manage an issue they will be assisted by the management team for the site where practicable. A significant issue may require QLD Police to be called.
Brisbane Cycling Festival will monitor current COVID-19 restrictions posted by QLD Health and information contained within COVID Plans will be updated to align to any changes (if required).
COVID Safe Plan
A COVID Management Plan (CMP) will be in place for the event. This plan outlines the safety strategies that will be implemented to manage the risk of COVID-19 Safety strategies that are based on the following principles:
- Density – ensuring space accommodates 1 person per 2 square metres
- Distancing – providing adequate space for people to be able to physically distance from one another
- Contact Tracing (see above) – providing means for capturing contact details for people attending.
- Plans also describe the management of COVID-19 operational control standards that include:
- Staff and patron health and wellbeing
- Hygiene and cleaning
- Public health education/information
- Food and beverage service
- Non-compliance and incident management
- Ticketed Event Sites
- More information coming soon.
- Non-Ticketed event Sites
- Where event sites do not involve ticketing, capacity requirements will be maintained through monitoring of people entering and exiting the site. The Brisbane Cycling Festival’s social media channels will be regularly updated regarding the capacity of the site so people wishing to attend can monitor this.
- Any decision to cancel the event (or parts of) will be made by the Festival Director consultation with key stakeholders.
- Upon modification or cancellation, the Event organisers will (where required and appropriate):
- Provide advice of the modification or cancellation on the Brisbane Cycling Festival’s website and;
- Communicate through other available channels where practicable.